The project consisted of a two-story saltbox style house built circa 1736 and two subsequent additions. The original structure had been built in two sections, as is evident by the step in the floor and the architectural detailing, with two later period additions. The two additions consist of a one-story circa 1909 that projects west on the north side of the core. A later circa 1920 overlay roof over the core extends over the “saltbox” building frame and rounds out the major building alterations.
Coastal Engineering Co. conducted a field investigation of the property to assess the general condition of the Museum and determine the nature and condition of the roof and foundation, along with first and second floor framing. The report was prepared summarizing observations noted during investigation and presenting comments and recommendations for the proposed retrofit.