At this year's interactive OneCape summit, the state and local government officials, planners, designers, developers, and citizens explored the natural, built, and community systems of Cape Cod and ongoing efforts to become a more resilient region. Participants engaged in a discussion about the following topics:
- Adaptation and mitigation as components of climate action and introduction of Cape Cod Coastal Planner tool;
- Water quality technologies, partnership models, and funding mechanisms;
- Cost, challenges, regulatory environment, and tools to reach regional goals for housing diversity;
- 2018 Regional Policy Plan and issue-specific plans such as the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy, Regional Transportation Plan, and Resilient Cape Cod Project;
- Blue Economy Project as means to support sound ocean and coastal management and sustainable, long-term economic prosperity,
- and more.
The sessions were very informative and supported the vision of Cape Cod as a place of vibrant, sustainable, and healthy communities and a protected natural environment. Many action items were identified and we are looking forward to contributing to implementing them in the future!